All seemed normal.
Clara and Darcy were walking the city streets, hoping for news of her father.
But others too were searching.
Diana Jones and her sister were trying to find the professors friend Abdullah, whilst members of the 19 Crows Tong had been alerted to his escape. Their instructions had been clear, recapture the professor without alerting the authorities, things were at a crucial stage. Interference could be disastrous.
The Tong members tried to remain inconspicuous, but the alert observer would spot them.**
Converging on the area of the old city souk.
East. and West.
Professor Loft entered through the Northern gate, unaware of those behind him.
The gods looked down as the situation developed.
As the Tong members moved towards the centre of the old town, the professor, distracted perhaps, or maybe just cautious, wandering into the back alleys.**
They seek him here, they seek him there, often obstructed by the moving population, frequently back tracking to recheck something.**
But soon all approaches to the souk were covered by observers as other groups searched the ginnels.
From the remains of the temple walls near the Sphinx, two men, obviously English Gentlemen by their appearance and manner, approached the old city gates.
Meanwhile by the fountain of the Lions, Clara thought she had spotted her father amongst the crowds.
Moving closer, she could see she was correct, calling out, she rushed over, Darcy following.
As the three stood greeting one another, they failed to notice the approach of Colonel Wang.
He and his colleague, roughly pushed Clara and Darcy to the ground and proceeded to seize the Professor.
To be continued.....
**Notes on mechanisms for those interested in such things.
Initiative was decided by the use of playing cards.
- Spades meant all agents of the Tong could move, or a new group appear at random locations.
- Clubs: one unit of the tong could move plus other figures up to the face value of the card. This led to the professor wandering backwards and forwards in an apparently aimless manner.
- Hearts; All "Goodie" units could move, or again appear.
- Diamonds: The professors faction could move one unit, plus others to the value of the card. This was used to divert and block the searchers, civilians got in the way, or searchers turned around.
- Jokers: An event, such as the arrival of the Lewis Brothers. plus reshuffle pack.
Whilst the grass green bases did help to identify tong members, it was due to the master plan of overpainting bases to suit the game, failing.