Saturday 13 February 2021

Larger Hangar (WIP)

 Still stuck on aerodromes and suchlike 😀 ...

I was wondering how they re-fuelled aircraft in early 1930's,  found this interesting picture

basically a small fuel tank on wheels with a hand-pump on it;  I bashed one together, which looks similar, from some spare bits I had ...

I've started making the larger hangar;  using a reworked ~A4 sized cardboard storage box 
Rather than sliding doors I went with folding doors (some fascinating old Esavian adverts here ) I can get a medium sized aircraft in it or two smaller ones...

Storage, the small hangar fits inside the big one...
Will just have enough room (?) to fit them in the storage box with the other associated buildings..  
.....better not build anything else 😜


3 comments:

  1. Is that a DeHavilland Rapide?
    I did half a dozen jumps out of one of those. Not my favourite memories :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a DH84 Dragon - later model was the DH89 Dragon Rapide

      Delete